Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On starting something new

"Wisdom is the lost property of the believer, wherever he finds it, he has a right to take it" (Prophet Muhammad s.a.w., some 1400 years ago)

Lao Tzu has once said, "the journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step" and some old well known idiom praises the first step to always be the hardest.

In the name of Allah and the spirit of these quotes, I start this blog.

I'll probably start things off with why I decided to finally (some one decade late from other internet users) start this blog.

1. I've always had so many things to tell people but many of them often end in silent (sometimes loud) mental monologues. So by writing in a blog, some of these things will probably reach some other soul and maybe trigger some nonsense and pathetic small talk when someone mistakenly decides to sit beside me in a gathering or in any circumstance. 
2. many people have told me to start a blog. some of them being very important people in my life whom opinions I consider great pieces of wisdom.
3. I hope that this blog will open a window for people to get to know me better. about my principles and thoughts on life and its events. A bit of flashing of my private parts..to put it in a nice way.
4. i hope it will serve as a means of productive procrastination, both to myself and its readers. 


I myself have kept a personal journal all throughout boarding school and some period after that. I guess it provided a little comic relief to the all too many happenings that seem impossible in that perfectly camouflaged (against the surrounding dust) and boring school and the mundane life I had back in prep college. Not many have read those entries and for one obvious reason, nothing in it contained anything worth reading in the first place. And for that very reason, I aspire this public journal to be something worth reading, at least for the purposes of filling time of its readers with things that are worth knowing. I aspire it to be (at the risk of sounding secular) religious, a bit medical, a bit philosophical, a bit wise, a bit witty, a lot sarcastic and

100% human.

Thus the title of the blog. Because i believe that being human means making mistakes and being able to correct them, being (most of the time) vulnerable to their surroundings and circumstances, being affected by their emotions at the time and being the ultimate social beings who need others in their lives to share their ups and downs in  hopes of pulling the ups down to earth and raising the downs out of the water, making it possible to breathe.

And before i even begin to write about anything else, i firstly apologize to you, dear reader because knowing myself, the prospect of frequent and enjoyable entries is a bit bogus. and i shall be making heaps upon heaps of language mistakes and so to all you language lovers out there (i know several), my deepest apologies. and i may also sometimes make inappropriate, rude, judgmental comments about things and i again apologize in advance to all of you who has to see the more bitter side of myself.  

But hopefully things will go better from herein. We'll just have to see how things will go.

After all, im only human.

Peace out
Azfar


  

No comments:

Post a Comment