Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On seeing a beautiful girl on Facebook

Obligingly as always, I browsed through the Facebook page after cooking dinner for two, half an hour after I ran in the unforgiving torrential rain to my car parked on demon hill (refer to previous post) after hospital.

Going through everyone's lives, I saw 2 photos in which my sister was tagged.

The photos were taken on 29th of May 2011, the day of my sister's wedding!! It seems a bit unreal, there she was, in her wedding dress, very beautiful, more beautiful than always, with a guy who is now officially my brother in law!  Hmmmm...brother in law....its weird just saying it. But that was it, my sister is married now! I guess it is a bit weird because during that historic day, I was in Newcastle, reading a book on a rainy day, bored out of my skull, when everyone else were there, coming together, enjoying each others companies, celebrating my sister's wedding. My sister's wedding!! It makes me feel a bit sad looking at all those photos, because I feel a bit like a stranger, who was only able to browse through photographs without being there. If only I own an airplane!!!

Time flies so fast, yesterday we were walking around in a shopping mall holding each others hands (pretending we were lovers), the day before we were on the bus going to school in Putrajaya, the day before we were at school in the school choral speaking team, the day before we were getting on PakCik's bus to primary school, the day before we were children in the day care centre, the day before we were playing outside of the rented home in Gombak. My God!! It still seems unreal!

Anyhows, this quick entry is in the dedication of my sister, the only girl among us five. I wish the biggest Congratulations!! to her and her husband. For her to know that I feel the utmost happiness for her and her husband, and that we are so glad someone was actually willing to marry you!!! Hahaha..!! And to my brother in law, please take care of my sister with your best of abilities, make her happy, and please guide and teach her towards being happy now and in the Hereafter. She's very emotional at times, but she never fails to get back to being happy in a jiffy. Because that's what her name means; 'Joy'. I guess now I can say to Atok who told me "you are the one who's going to take care of your parents, your sister and brothers, no one else": I can say to her "thank God Atok! My bag is now lighter"  To both of you, may your first steps in marriage-hood be good and smooth ones, may you guys step in unity, understanding, coherence and love till the end of your lives and may you guys be able to help each other get up anytime you step on pebbles and stumble. And may babies who spring from you two be faithful and beautiful people, people who will make this world a better place in the future.

 Kalau ke laut susur gelombang, 
Jangan kemudi patah daunnya,
Kalau bertaut kasih dan sayang,
Jangan diuji dalamnya cinta,
Janganlah jangan diuji cinta 
(Joget Senyum Memikat, Siti Nurhaliza)


Can't wait to see the official photographs and videos!
Ahmad

3 comments:

  1. congratz sista!!! i think we've met once.i think.im zaid.im azfars friend! may u b happy and may ur life be blessed by The Almighty. and yes, like azfar said, hope to see babies springing out soon! kinda sad they'll probably have traces of azfars retarded mutations, but yeah, hope the brother-in-law can fix that. salaam and du'as from me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. owh thanks zaid..that crack at my genes is prolly the second nicest thing you've ever said to me since calling me a bitch.
    Haha...if they were to get my genes, then they'll be short, hairy, large nosed, dark, sleepy people.....they'll be awesome!!
    You guys have actually got on the family van together at one time! Because we were going somewhere and you were there as well...i couldnt really remember why...~
    And although i appreciate your comments, you commenting here all the time makes people think i dont have other friends...no friends...and the only friend is you....not good on my cv la beb

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha!! im gonna comment randomly here and theres nothing u can do about it!!

    ReplyDelete