Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Where'd I go?

Hey hey people!

The question up there really isn't a rhetoric one. I seek to answer it now.

Yes, my blog has come to a complete stand still for the past 7 weeks. My reason is one, studies.

Yes, lame, yes, quite predictable, yes, boring.

But that is it. For the past several weeks I have been living a surreal reality. I've been waking up and getting ready for the hospital for morning rounds which started early in the morning (God and people living with me know that me waking up early for anything save going out somewhere for leisure is next to impossible), and had (imaginative?) friction with some people and had also several clinical mishaps happening all during those weeks . And at the end of those days, I was feeling so exhausted that when the clock strikes 9 at night, my eyes went all red and watery and I was pretty much ready for bed. Except that I wouldn't go to bed because I had to read to try and catch up with the syllabus. That was the first time I felt so tired in so many years. So unhappy in so many years.  I'm glad its over, and I'm glad I passed!  =)
So yes, my clinical exposure to surgery has just resulted in me crossing surgery out of the list for my career options. So my registrar's laugh when he heard us say our rotation is for 6 weeks and he said "hah, enough time to corrupt your minds" ends up unheeded, by me at least.

I think I like surgery, its quite straight forward, but the people (the surgeons!!! but of course there are always exceptions), the workload, the hours! Its impossible to live happy!

I've been thinking a lot lately and I think its safe to say that I've got some entries coming up soon. 1 on something general, 1 on friendship and 1 on brotherhood.

I'm so excited!!!!!! How about you?!

3 comments:

  1. congrats!

    i am excited you are back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats azfar on your pass! =)
    yeah....write more, would like to know your thoughts on things..

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks anonymous and nozomi!
    I am quite hyped about writing more and more and more!
    Maybe I should ask for people's opinions on what to write on....hmmm....

    ReplyDelete