Friday, April 13, 2012

We Choose To Hurt?


I’ve been losing my mind
I pretend that it’s fine
Trying to keep it together
While I crumble inside
You got a friend at
The end of the line
(Love How It Hurts, Scouting for Girls)
 A nice song for the broken hopefuls

To quickly update my current situation:

I've just finished my 3 week Emergency Dept rotation, which is the best rotation I've had so far !!!!! At one point I was so hooked up on cannulating patients I felt unhappy if I didn't get to cannulate a patient for one day. 

The doctors were enormously helpful and easy going! Thanks Katie, Amy and Anas for the huge support and help with everything! 

I did my first: 
1. arterial blood gas, 
2. large bore cannulas (largest was 16 gauge), 
3. first encounter of a frontal lobe tumour and pretending to not know of the diagnosis when I went to get bloods from the patient. And tried to hold back a sorry look for the patient's wife and daughter. 
4. hear a renal bruit
5. see a patient with 6 pack abs
6. see a VQ scan done
7. helped in diagnosing a Ramsay-Hunt syndrome

It was good. And Anaesthetics was good too ! I learned how to intubate people from an Australia's Got Talent contender ! And got 2 tubes in ! Hooray !!!

I'm having a huge writers block at the moment, so I apologize to all my readers as I'm unable to write up anything brilliant for anyone to read.

And anyhows, the contest went great! I'll post the winners translation soon =)

Kind regards
Azfar 

2 comments:

  1. see a pt with 6 pack abs haha. nice one brotha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeahh Y U HAVE WRITERS BLOCK? It's been a long hiatus

    ReplyDelete