Sunday, February 12, 2012

Holding a Rose

Holding a rose

 Your hand bleeds from the thorns piercing your skin, 
your brain whirrs from the sickening spin, 
yet you held on,
for the life of you,
you held on

 Is it the visual presentation?
the petals dancing on a beat?
or the olfactory stimulation?
the scent so sweet?
Maybe it is the heart that confuses you,
for it beats quick, 
in a way no different to
how pleasure would make it tick 

-THE END-


I wonder about the curse placed in many hearts. The curse of holding on. The curse of persistence. The curse of reluctant hope.

It makes me ask: what does it take to let go? To say that you have chosen different paths and you are happy with them. To sincerely say that its okay that things turn out this way, that it is for the best. That we shall happily move on. 

Its not easy, I know. 

The reason I even tried this poem is that I saw something yesterday (ok.....now now... thats enough snorting and chuckling Zaid and Kiambang...and other poets out there..I had no other idea than the word 'tick'. Even after looking at the rhyming dictionary!!! This is my first time!!!! ).

It was a photograph. I know the story behind the photograph and I know the story leading to it, and the story after it. 

The photograph depicts the story quite well. Of two people who got caught up in a relationship that would, in the end prove to be...for the lack of better terms to describe it, hopeless. And thus its no surprise that it is as bad now as it will ever be.The thing is, if it was me who were in that relationship, the photograph would be the last thing I would look at. 

Not in this case though. This person chose to look at it everyday. Not that I would want to, mind you, but I can only imagine the pain this person feels.

One thing I don't have to imagine though, and I know this for a fact. Matter of the heart are never easy.

Dear Lord, You who hold our hearts in Your Hands, guide our hearts to find acceptance, peace and happiness. Amin~   

One week from holidays
Azfar




3 comments:

  1. what does it take to let go?

    easy peasy man! MEMORY LOSS!!! :p or being demented?

    itulah, ada org tuuu kate, matter of the heart cannot be solved by others. sebab ape2 pon kau cakap, orang tu takkan dengar. lalalalaa~

    take it easy man!

    anyway, i tak faham ape2 pon pasal matter of the heart that u told above. see, its not just hard to solve, tp hard to be understooood tooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha kan....you cant try to solve their problems, because they just wont listen to you. they just want you to listen.

    Muahhaahah xpe la kalau ko tak paham, my writing is quite horrible pon sbnaqnya hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. noo.. ur writing is good. my understanding on the-matter-of-heart is actually worseee. haha!

    ReplyDelete